Persons seeking high-quality, premium garage door openers have continuously opted for either Genie or Liftmaster garage door remote openers.
As increasingly popular garage door opener brands among US homeowners, both companies boast top-notch quality and unmatched functionality. Given each brand’s superior reputation, deciding which to buy from requires further comparative research. To assess which brand’s products suit your needs the best, explore the unique and functional features of each.
Genie Garage Door Opener
Unlike other garage door openers, Genie openers, such as the Genie 1028, operate smoothly and efficiently. Their devices have soft-stop and soft-start features that ensure a seamless and slow open and close glide. Plus, Genie utilizes one of the best and most sophisticated safety mechanisms in the market.
See below for added features of Genie garage door openers:
- The Aladdin Connect will function with all Genie door openers having Safe-T-Beams
- Many door openers come with embedded Wi-Fi for swift internet connection
- Most of their products have battery backup
- Their openers collaborate with Car2U and HomeLink
- Their “Genie Sense Technology” alerts you when any change occurs
- Offers easy to acquire garage door opener parts if anything needs to be replaced
Liftmaster Garage Door Opener
LiftMaster garage door openers are loaded with unique features allowing convenience, safety, and modern functionality, including smartphone accessibility and LED sensor-enabled monitoring. LiftMaster’s unparelleled safety and security features make it practical for every household.
See below for added features of LiftMaster garage door openers:
- Every LiftMaster opener is MyQ compatible
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Various LifMaster models support battery backups
- LED motion sensors that keep doors from closing on objects in the way
- Car2U and HomeLink allow homeowners to control and even manage openers from their vehicles
- The “Maintenace Alert” system allows for easy regular maintenance
- Auto Force/Electronic Limit makes setting force adjustments and travel limits convenient and straightforward
Discover Which Is Best for You: Genie Or LiftMaster Garage Door Opener?
Both Genie and LiftMaster garage door openers offer more or less similar functionalities regarding safety, security, and practical use. For example, LiftMaster openers have a “Security+ 2.0” mechanism that changes doors’ entry codes after open/close operations. On the other hand, Genie products include an “Intellicode” mechanism that works pretty much the same way. Both brands also provide various types of door openers, from belt-drive to wall mounted systems. However, unlike Genie, LiftMaster has stopped manufacturing screw-driver door openers.
What differentiates the LiftMaster from Genie door openers, mainly, is its more proficient use of smart tech. LiftMaster utilizes myQ technology, which gives homeowners tons of other features such as garage door monitoring and control, in-garage delivery, smart camera usage, smart home capabilites, and much more.
On the contrary, Genie does employ Aladdin Connect, which features real-time control, monitoring, and smart-home integration. However, they differ in terms of warranty coverage. LiftMaster takes the winning spot here with its lifetime warranty on all belts and motors, whereas Genie provides 15 years limited warranty.
Genie vs. LiftMaster: Making the Choice
All garage systems serve one purpose, to open and close your garage door safely and efficiently. While both brands are more than capable of doing this, a few key features separate one brand from the other. The best way to evaluate options is to assess one’s needs and preferences, then see how they align to the features detailed above.
For additional assistance, or to explore additional offerings of each brand, visit the Wholesale Home website.