This Kwikset 2nd Gen Round Smart Lock is step up to designer styles and superior security with Kwikset Signature Series products. The Signature series deadbolt with Home Connect technology enables the lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in the home. The lock allows the user through a web-enabled device to remotely check the door lock status, lock or unlock the door and receive notifications via email or text. This single cylinder deadbolt can be locked or unlocked by using the keypad or key from the outside as well as the turn button from the inside. The Venetian Bronze finish is hand-rubbed to reveal unique bronze highlights and provides a rich and warm complement to the product's style.
- Motor-driven deadbolt latch allows for true remote locking and unlocking
- Check the status of the door if its locked or unlocked
- Z-Wave Plus certified with the Z-Wave 500 chipset
- Extended wireless range and superior 128-bit wireless encryption
- Tapered designed latch enables misaligned doors to lock without pushing or pulling a door shut
- BHMA grade 2 certified
- SmartKey Security technology - the lock you can re-key yourself in seconds in 3 easy steps
- SmartKey Security re-key technology is compatible with Kwikset (KW1) keyway
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin and tumbler locks
- Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver no hard wiring needed
- Fits standard doors (1-3/8 in.- 2 in.) no new screw holes required
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty, 1-year electronics warranty
- UL certified 20-minute fire rating
- Certifications and Listings: ANSI Certified
|Faceplate Depth (in.)||1.16||Required door thickness (in.)||1 3/8 to 2|
|Faceplate height (in.)||2.63||Strike plate height (in.)||2.75|
|Faceplate width (in.)||2.63||Strike plate width (in.)||1.125|
|Battery Size||AA Battery||Lock Type||Single Cylinder Deadbolt|
|Deadbolt Type||Single Cylinder Deadbolt||Number of Batteries Required||4|
|Door Handing||Universal/Reversible||Power Options||Battery|
|Door Lock Style||Classic||Power Source||Self Powered|
|Door Locks & Knobs Product Type||Deadbolts||Product Weight (lb.)||2.5lb|
|Features||Adjustable Backset, Automatic Relocking, Easy Installation, Fail-Safe Operation, Smart Key||Remote Access||Remote Access|
|Finish||Venetian Bronze||Requires Hub?||Hub Required for Remote Access|
||Lock Only||Security/ANSI Grade
||ANSI Grade 2 (Better)|
|Holding force (lb.)||0||Smart Home
||Smart Home Enabled|
|Hub Required:||Nexia Gateway, Samsung SmartThings Hub, Staples Connect D-Link Hub, VeraEdge Hub, VeraSecure Hub, VersPlus Hub, Wink Hub||Smart Home Protocol
|Total Number of Keys Included||2||Voice Control Hub Required||Alexa via Samsung SmartThings Hub, Wink Hub|
|Wired or Wireless||
|Works With||Alexa, Nexia, Samsung SmartThings, WeMo|
|Before you start re-keying, you must have your functioning key, your new key, and the SmartKey Learn tool.||Insert the key that currently operates your lock, and rotate it 90 degrees clockwise.||A) Insert the SmartKey tool fully and firmly into the SmartKey hole.
B) Remove the SmartKey tool and the current key.
|A) Fully insert your new key into the lock and rotate it 180 degrees.
B) Rotate the new key 90 degrees back to the starting position, and remove it. Your lock is now re-keyed to your new key, and your old key will no longer operate the lock.