The Kidde P3010CU is a 10-year, sealed battery, smoke and carbon monoxide alarm with a voice warning system that features photoelectric and electrochemical sensing technology with Smart Hush feature. This combination alarm combines the detection capabilities of a photoelectric sensor with that of an electrochemical sensor, which is used to detect CO. When either sensor notices a potential hazard, it will communicate with the other. Depending on what is detected, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitivity in order to better discriminate between a real hazard and a false one. This constant communication enhances the alarm’s overall performance and significantly reduces the potential for a nuisance alarm.
The voice warning system announces “Fire”, or “Warning, Carbon Monoxide” to help eliminate any confusion and clearly warn you and your family of a smoke or carbon monoxide danger. The sealed in lithium battery will power the unit for the entirety of its 10 year life, eliminating the need for battery replacement and worry about unauthorized battery removal. The alarm provides continuous protection from smoke and carbon monoxide, even during power outages. The alarm will automatically activate when it is attached to the mounting bracket; there are no pull-tabs, no switches, everything is automatic. At the end of alarm life, the unit will chirp, indicating the alarm is in need of replacement. The customer can use a simple tool such as a screwdriver to deactivate the unit, stopping the chirp and making it safe for disposal.
Industry experts (such as the NFPA), recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
The Kidde P3010K-CO meets the UL 217 and the UL 2034 standard and are listed with the California State Fire Marshal. For a full list of states and cities requiring 10 Year alarms click here.
- Voice Alarm - Announces the hazard type detected
- Test/Hush Button - A single button that tests alarm circuitry and temporarily silences nuisance alarms
- LED Indicator - A flashing red indicator blinks to correspond with alarms sound, unit error mode, and standby condition.
- Combined Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm - Unique sensor algorithm detects real fires faster and reduces nuisance alarms.
- Sealed-in Lithium Battery - Unit will continue to operate for years. Alerts user to replace alarm after 10 years of operation,
- End of Life Hush® end of life indication can be silenced three days at a time up to 30 days to allow for alarm replacement at a more convenient time.
- 10 Year Limited Warranty
Don't know what type of smoke and carbon monoxide alarm is right for your home? Check out our guide on how to choose the right smoke detector for your home.