The Kidde’s KN-COPP-LPM battery-operated carbon monoxide alarm with digital display helps to provide your home with extensive protection against the dangerous threat posed by the odorless and colorless gas. With an increasing number of state and local governments passing legislation requiring CO detectors in homes, it’s never been a better time to safeguard your family against carbon monoxide exposure.Product Description:
The KN-COPP-LPM is an essential device to help warn you and your family of dangerous carbon monoxide levels in your home. This alarm measures the exposure to carbon monoxide over time; it is designed to sound at 85 decibels at 10 feet when it detects 70 ppm (parts per million) of CO for 60 to 240 minutes, 150 ppm for 10 to 50 minutes, or 400 ppm for 4 to 15 minutes.
The easily visible digital display indicates the level of CO that the unit is sensing, and it updates the status every 15 seconds for timely and accurate readings. Its free-standing design allows for attachment to a wall or placement on a counter or nightstand for convenient and comprehensive protection.
The KN-COPP-LPM also includes a slide-out battery door that provides immediate access to the power source as well as a battery safeguard that makes it difficult to close the cover without batteries installed. An LED lighting system on the unit signals power levels and sourcing: the green LED will flash once every 30 seconds to indicate the alarm is operating properly when power is present, and the red LED will pulse to indicate carbon monoxide has been detected until the device is reset or the CO threat is eliminated. This device has an expected 10-year lifespan and comes equipped with a ten-year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
Where should I mount the detector? Near the ceiling or near the floor?
The unit may be mounted anywhere. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 720, the location for effective performance is not generally dependent on mounting height. The density of carbon monoxide is similar to that of air at room temperature, and carbon monoxide generally mixes readily with air. However, for optimal performance and early detection, it is best to mount the detector at eye level.
Is it plugin?
No it is powered with batteries only.