|Working Pressure||150 PSI|
|Hydrostatic Test||195 PSI|
The BuffMax from Thermo 2000 is a 3-in-1 solution that acts as a buffer tank, storage tank, and hydraulic separator. It is recommended to optimize the performance of several different types of heating systems: low-mass boilers, biomass systems, geothermal and heat pump applications, multi-zone systems, and solar energy systems. The BuffMax is synonymous with versatility.
The tank is made of high-density carbon steel. All joints are arc-welded using the MIG/Argon method. The tank is designed for a maximum allowable working pressure of 150 psi and undergoes a hydrostatic test of 195 psi. The tank’s outer steel surface is coated with baked powder-based paint.
- The tank has a total of 4 openings, 2 on each side
- 1/2’’ automatic air vent with a shut-off valve for easy replacement.
- 1/2’’ diameter temperature and pressure indicator on the front
- Immersion well included
- Three 1/2’’ connections for the location of the well or to enable wells to be added
- 2’’ HFC-free polyurethane insulation limiting heat loss to 1/2°F per hour
- 3/4’’ drain valve located at the lowest point of the tank
- The tank has adjustable legs
- ASME models have lifting lugs
|Model||Volume (gal)||Standard Connections MNPT|
|BUFF-30||30||1 1/2 inch|
|BUFF-80||80||2 1/2 inch|