The JKS-1AEDV audio/video intercom set for a single door includes a vandal-resistant surface-mount door station with camera, a master station with LCD screen and picture recording, and a power supply to enable remote communication and visual identification of visitors prior to authorizing access to the building. The door station includes a 1/4" color camera with 170-degree wide-angle view that sends live video feed to a master station when a visitor presses the call button, and the white LED illuminates the visitor area to brighten the video feed in low-light environments. Up to 240 screen images can be recorded either manually using the record button or automatically when an incoming call from the door station is received. An incoming call activates the display on the master station's 3-1/2" LCD color monitor to aid visitor identification. The audio and video feed from the door station continues to transmit to the master station for 45 seconds if the call is not answered.
The master station answers a call by either holding down the answering button for push-to-talk action or by tapping the button for hands-free communication with the caller. The video monitor controls allow panning, tilting, and zooming of the door station's camera to customize the master operator's view of the entrance. The door-release button works with an electric strike (sold separately) to remotely unlock the entrance for the visitor. The call button initiates audio communication with a connected sub-master station (sold separately) for remote communication. The monitor button can be pressed at any time to listen and receive video feed from the door station. The chime and audio volume on the master station is adjustable. The door station is weather-and vandal-resistant cast zinc with a clear polycarbonate lens cover, and it surface mounts directly to a wall or to a single-gang box with MKW-P plate (sold separately). The master station housing is ABS plastic.
|Overall dimensions (master station)
|7-5/16 x 5-5/16 x 1-1/16 inches/185 x 135 x 27 mm (H x W x D)*
|Overall dimensions (door station)
|6-13/16 x 3-7/8 x 1 inches/173 x 98 x 29.5 mm (H x W x D)*
|Maximum door distance from master
|165 ft. (22 AWG) using 22 AWG wire, or 330 ft. using 18 AWG wire
|Maximum IER-2 distance from master
|245 ft. using 22 AWG wire, or 490 ft. using 18 AWG wire
|Compatible wire (master to door)
|Aiphone 871802 (sold separately)
|Compatible wires (master to sub-master)
|Aiphone 871804 (sold separately)
|Door release contact rating
|24VAC or 24 VDC at 500mA. Use Aiphone RY-18L (sold separately) for larger contact rating.
|18VDC. Aiphone PS-1820UL power supply included.
*H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Door intercom systems allow an occupant of a building to communicate remotely with a visitor through at least one door intercom and master intercom. Master intercoms with a door-access button remotely unlock the door for the visitor.
Aiphone manufactures intercom systems for residential, business, and healthcare structures. The company, founded in Japan in 1948, has its North American headquarters in Bellevue, WA. Aiphone meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards 9001 and 14001.
What's in the Box?
- Aiphone JK-DV door station
- Aiphone JK-1MED master station
- Aiphone PS-1820UL power supply
- Option connector for master station
- Mounting hardware
- Security driver
- (2) clear nameplates
- Audio/video intercom set includes a vandal-resistant surface-mount door station, a master station with LCD screen and picture recording, and a power supply to enable audio communication and visual identification of a visitor prior to authorizing access
- Image recording can be automated to capture visitor images when receiving a call from the door station, or can be set to record images only when the record button is pushed
- 1/4" color camera on the door station has a 170-degree wide-angle view that can be panned, tilted, and zoomed by the master station to create a customized view of the visitor area
- 3-1/2" LCD color monitor activates when receiving a call from the video door station to aid visitor identification
- Video monitor controls allow panning, tilting, and zooming of the door station's 170-degree camera to customize the master operator's view of the visitor area