This TPI Corporation CE 30-DS single phase 30-inch diameter direct drive exhaust fan has a built-in shutter mechanism and is suitable for ventilating a building to the outside. The blade assembly (consisting of a steel hub and spider) holds the fan head’s three aluminum paddles, which are enclosed by front steel spiral wire guards for strength.
The built-in shutter mechanism allows the fan to be installed without external framing, and the self-closing shutters protect the fan from rain and snow when not in operation. The permanent split capacitor (PSC) motor provides both starting torque and the ability to run at variable speeds. The motor of the TPI direct drive exhaust fan is totally enclosed, making it suitable for use in conditions that standard, unenclosed motors are not, such as in the presence of dust or other airborne debris.
- Motor 2-speed, 2.7 amp,
- 120 volts, single-phase,
- 1/4 horsepower,
- Steel spiral wire guards
- Permanently lubricated,
- Totally closed ball bearing motor with permanent split capacitor
- Switch type Pull chain
- When the fan is turned on, shutter automatically opens; when the fan is turned off, shutter automatically closes to seal out the elements
- Cord No cord, junction box provided for direct wiring
- The fan is isolated from shutters with rubber pads to eliminate vibration and noise
- Blades Aluminum (3)
- Blade guards Steel spiral wire
- Cubic feet per minute (CFM) 3950 / 3080
- Weight 54 lbs.
- Dimensions 33.125 x 33.125 x 13.305 inches (H x W x D)*
- 1/4 HP motor is a 2-speedball bearing permanent split capacitor
- Rough-in hole size is 1/2in. larger than fan blade size
- Shutter mounted fans install on inside wall and eliminate the need for external framing and shutter
- Quiet operation makes it ideal for commercial environments
- Aluminum blades are enclosed in a sturdy steel spiral wire guard
- Adjustable shutters regulate the flow of ventilation
- Meets OSHA standards
- UL listed
Industrial fans are used in workplace environments to exhaust fumes or direct airflow. Most industrial fans have coated metal parts and lubricated motors that are permanently sealed to help protect against environmental hazards, such as dirt and airborne debris or corrosive fumes.
They can have fan blade cages that meet workplace safety standards, as well as a variety of mounting mechanisms for precise placement to direct large volumes of airflow. Electronic circuitry for industrial fans matches the power specifications found in the workplace and provides the initial torque needed to start up a large blade fan. Industrial fans are used in warehouses, gyms, and other commercial environments to ventilate spaces and to circulate air.
Note: Rough-in hole size is 1/2" inch larger than fan blade size
*H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.