The Kwikset SmartCode touchscreen smart lock with Home Connect technology enables the lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in the home. The lock allows the user (through a web-enabled device) to remotely check the door lock status, lock or unlock the door and receive notifications. SmartCode is a 1-touch locking motorized deadbolt. With your personalized code, you can enter your home with the convenience of keyless entry and the back-lit keypad provides increased visibility.
It features patented SecureScreen technology to prevent code detection from fingerprints on the touchscreen. SmartCode is easy to install, program and use, and operates on 4 AA batteries. It also features SmartKey Security as the back-up keyway. This single cylinder deadbolt can be locked or unlocked by using the keypad or key from the outside as well as the turn button from the inside. The crisp, clean appearance of the Satin Nickel / Venetian Bronze finish adds to the overall look of the product and brings a modern feel.
- Designer style and superior security with this Kwikset Signature series product
- For use on exterior doors where keyed entry and security is needed
Comes with 2 keys
- Expanding your security system solution with home connect technology, your keyless entry lock will now communicate wirelessly to security and home automation systems via Z-Wave
- Capacitive touchscreen
- Secured keyless entry convenience
- 1 touch locking
- Dramatically reduced interior size and sleek metal design
- 30 user codes plus master code feature for added security
- BHMA grade 2 certified
- 20-minute fire rating - UL certified
- Full 128-bit encryption security
- Featuring SmartKey Security, which protects against advanced break-in techniques and allows you to re-key your lock yourself in seconds
- SmartKey Security re-key technology is compatible with Kwikset (KW1) keyway
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin and tumbler locks
- Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver no hard wiring needed
- Fits standard doors (1-3/8 in. to 2 in.) no new screw holes required
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty, 1-year electronics warranty
|Faceplate depth (in.)||1.1875||Required door thickness (in.)||1 3/8 to 2|
|Faceplate height (in.)||5.53||Strike plate height (in.)||2.25|
|Faceplate width (in.)||2.78||Strike plate width (in.)||1|
|Battery Size||AA Battey||Color Finish||Satin Nickel / Venetian Bronze|
|Commercial/Residential||Residential||Deadbolt Type||Single Cylinder Deadbolt|
|Door Lock Style||Classic||Number of Batteries Required||4|
|Door Locks & Knobs Product Type||Single Cylinder Deadbolt||Power Options||Battery|
|Electronic||Yes||Remote Access||Remote Access|
|Electronic Door Lock Type||Keypad Locks||Requires Hub?||Hub Required for Remote Access|
|Hardware Included||Lock Only||Hub Required||Nexia Gateway, Samsung SmartThings Hub, Staples Connect D-Link Hub, VeraEdge Hub, VeraSecure Hub, VersPlus Hub, Wink Hub|
|Wired or Wireless||Wireless||Works With||Alexa, Nexia, Samsung SmartThings, WeMo|
Secured keyless entry convenience for your home or rental.
|SecureScreen- Patent-pending security feature helps to ensure that user codes cannot be identified by examining fingerprints on the screen.||Dramatically reduced interior with sleek metal design and tamper-resistant cover.
||Easily install in minutes with just a screwdriver.
|Forgot to lock? No problem set your lock to automatically lock your door after 30 seconds.||With the Z-Wave 500 chipset for extended wireless range, over-the-air firmware updates, and superior wireless encryption. The lock allows the user (through a third-party smart home controller) to remotely check the door lock status, lock or unlock the door and receive notifications via email or text.||Program up to 30 individual codes for family, friends, contractors or dog walkers.||Lock your door with a single touch. No additional code or key needed.|
|Before you start re-keying, you must have your functioning key, your new key, and the SmartKey Learn tool.||Insert the key that currently operates your lock, and rotate it 90 degrees clockwise.||A) Insert the SmartKey tool fully and firmly into the SmartKey hole.
B) Remove the SmartKey tool and the current key.
|A) Fully insert your new key into the lock and rotate it 180 degrees.
B) Rotate the new key 90 degrees back to the starting position, and remove it. Your lock is now re-keyed to your new key, and your old key will no longer operate the lock.