The Kwikset 914 SmartCode touchpad smart lock with Z-Wave Home Connect technology enables the lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in the home. The lock allows the user (through a web-enabled device) to remotely check the door lock status, lock or unlock the door and receive notifications. SmartCode is a one-touch locking motorized deadbolt. With your personalized code, you can enter your home with the convenience of keyless entry and the back-lit keypad provides increased visibility.
SmartCode is easy to install, program and use, and operates on 4 AA batteries. It also features SmartKey Security as the back-up keyway. This single cylinder deadbolt can be locked or unlocked by using the keypad or key from the outside as well as the turn button from the inside. The crisp, clean appearance of the Satin Nickel finish adds to the overall look of the product and brings a modern feel.
- Smart lock Works With Alexa for voice control (smart home z-wave hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately).
- Lock or unlock your door from anywhere with a supporting Z-Wave smart home system using your phone or web-enabled device.
- Designer style and superior security with this Kwikset Signature Series product.
- For use on exterior doors where keyed entry and security is needed.
- Comes with 2 keys.
- Additional features include optional automatic door locking after 30 seconds for peace of mind, one-touch locking, and SecureScreen patented technology.
- ANSI/BHMA grade 2 certified.
- Latch has adjustable backset 2-3/8 in. to 2-3/4 in. to fit all standard door preparations.
- Expanding your security system solution with Home Connect technology, your keyless entry lock will now communicate wirelessly to security and home automation systems via Z-Wave.
- Keyless entry convenience.
- 1 touch locking.
- Dramatically reduced interior size and sleek metal design.
- 30 user codes plus master code feature for added security.
- 20-minute fire rating - UL certified.
- 10 digit backlit keypad with a dedicated lock button.
- Full 128-bit encryption security.
- Program up to 30 unique user codes for family, friends, or your dog walker.
- Featuring Smart Key Security, which protects against advanced break-in techniques and allows you to re-key your lock yourself in seconds.
- Featuring SmartKey Security, which protects against advanced break-in techniques and allows you to re-key your lock yourself in seconds.
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin & tumbler locks.
- SmartKey Security re-key technology is compatible with Kwikset (KW1) keyway.
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin & tumbler locks
- Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver no hard wiring needed
- Fits standard doors (1-3/8 in. - 2 in.) no new screw holes required
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty. 1-year electronics warranty
- Z-Wave Wireless Network: Z-Wave technology is a next-generation wireless system that unifies all of your home electronics into a single integrated network. Connect any Z-Wave compatible device by simply plugging it into a Z-Wave accessory module, which will then allow you to control your devices remotely through a PC, tablet, or even your cell phone.
- Home Connect: Kwikset's Home Connect Technology enables your Kwikset door lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in your home. This provides complete control of your home allowing you to lock your door from your cell phone, receive text message alerts, arm or disarm your security system from your lock, and assign temporary codes with specific times people can enter.
- SmartKey® Re-key Technology: Kwikset's SmartKey® technology provides the flexibility to re-key your own lock in less than 30 seconds without removing the lock from the door. SmartKey® removes the hassle of lost or stolen keys with the ability to re-key your lock in just 3 simple steps.
- Z-Wave Plus Connectivity: Compatible Hubs Required for Smart Home, SmartThings, Wink, Vera, Iris, ADT.
|Faceplate Depth (in.)
||Required door thickness (in.)
||1 1/2" to 2
|Faceplate Height (in.)
||Strike plate height (in.)
|Faceplate width (in.)
||Strike plate width (in.)
||Easy Installation, Smart Key
||Electronic Lock Technology
|Finish||Satin Nickel||Interior / Exterior||Interior / Exterior|
||Keypad / Keyed Entry
|Number of Batteries Required
||ANSI Grade 2 (Better)|
||Smart Home Enabled
||Smart Home Protocol
|Total Number of Keys Included
||2||Wired or Wireless
||Lifetime Mechanical -Finish, 1 Year Electronics
||Alexa via Samsung SmartThings Hub, Wink Hub
||Vera, Ring, Alexa, SmartThings, Wink||Remote Access?
|Enter your home with the convenience of keyless entry and the back-lit keypad provides increased visibility.
||Dramatically reduced interior size with a sleek contemporary metal design.
||Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver, no hard wiring required.
|Before you start re-keying, you must have your functioning key, your new key, and the SmartKey Learn tool.||Insert the key that currently operates your lock, and rotates it 90 degrees clockwise.||A) Insert the SmartKey tool fully and firmly into the SmartKey hole.
B) Remove the SmartKey tool and the current key.
|A) Fully insert your new key into the lock and rotate it 180 degrees.
B) Rotate the new key 90 degrees back to the starting position, and remove it. Your lock is now re-keyed to your new key, and your old key will no longer operate the lock.
How Home Connect Works:
Home Connect technology works with your smart home system, enabling you to lock and unlock your deadbolt from your smartphone.
Smart Home System
The command sent by your phone is communicated to the Home Connect lock by a combination of your WiFi router and the smart home system.
Kwikset's SmartCode 888 responds to your command. Confirmation of a successful lock or unlock is sent back to your smartphone.
One-touch locking / Auto-lock
Lock your door with a single touch. No additional code or key needed. Forgot to lock? Automatic door locking after 30 seconds..
Notifications and Monitoring
View your lock status and receive notifications of your lock's activity.
Up to 30 programmable user codes to send to family, guests, and home professionals.
It provides an extended wireless range, over-the-air firmware updates, and superior wireless encryption.
Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver, no hard wiring needed.
|Motorized deadbolt and BHMA Grade 2 certified.|
NOTES: Requires a Z-Wave network controller (sold separately). Do not use an electric drill or an electric screwdriver to tighten screws.