The Kwikset SmartCode 888 Smart Lock Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt touchpad smart lock with Home Connect technology enables the lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in the home. The lock allows the user (through a web-enabled device) to remotely check the door lock status, lock or unlock the door and receive notifications. SmartCode is a 1-touch locking motorized deadbolt. With your personalized code, And you can enter your home with the convenience of keyless entry and the back-lit keypad provides increased visibility, set up to 30 user access codes for family and guests to use at the door.
SmartCode is easy to install, program and use, and operates on 4 AA batteries. It also features SmartKey Security as the back-up keyway. This single cylinder deadbolt can be locked or unlocked by using the keypad or key from the outside as well as the turn button from the inside. The crisp, clean appearance of the Satin Nickel finish adds to the overall look of the product and brings a modern feel.
- Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver - no hard wiring needed
- Includes Round Corner Latch
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty with 1-year electronics warranty
- One-touch locking with a motorized deadbolt
- Back-lit keypad for increased visibility
- 30 user codes plus master code feature for added security
- Full 128-bit encryption security
- SmartKey® re-key technology is compatible with Kwikset (KW1) keyway
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin & tumbler locks
- Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver no hard wiring needed
- Fits standard doors (1-3/8in. – 2in.) no new screw holes required
- Lock Button is Backlit for 30 second
- Customized automatic door locking after 30 seconds for peace of mind
- Fits standard doors with no screw holes required
- Replaces any deadbolt for keyless entry convenience
- Stores up to 30 customizable access codes
- Requires 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Secured keyless entry convenience
- One-touch locking
- Dramatically reduced interior size and sleek metal design
- 30 user codes plus master code feature for added security
- 5 digit keypad with dedicated lock button
- SmartKey® technology - the lock you can re-key yourself in seconds in three easy steps
- Extended wireless range and superior 128-bit wireless encryption
- Keyless Entry Convenience: Five-button keypad with one-touch locking and auto-locking after 30 seconds for when you can't find your keys.
- Smarter Home Security with Home Connect Technology: Customize your home upon locking or unlocking your door lock with lighting and temperature set the way you like it.
- SmartKey Security Re-Key Technology: Re-key your lock quickly and securely, without the extra hassle and cost of removing the lock from the door.
- BumpGuard Protection: SmartKey's patented side locking bar technology replaces the traditional pin-and-tumbler design and provides improved security against lock bumping.
- Innovative Security and Design with the Kwikset SmartCode 888 Touchpad Deadbolt: This single cylinder deadbolt features innovative security including a revolutionary tapered deadbolt design that enables misaligned doors to lock without pulling and pushing your door shut. SmartCode 888 is BHMA Grade 3 certified and has full 128-bit encrypted security.
- Z-Wave Wireless Network: Z-Wave technology is a next-generation wireless system that unifies all of your home electronics into a single integrated network. Connect any Z-Wave compatible device by simply plugging it into a Z-Wave accessory module, which will then allow you to control your devices remotely through a PC, tablet, or even your cell phone.
- Home Connect: Kwikset's Home Connect Technology enables your Kwikset door lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in your home. This provides complete control of your home allowing you to lock your door from your cell phone, receive text message alerts, arm or disarm your security system from your lock, and assign temporary codes with specific times people can enter.
- SmartKey® Re-key Technology: Kwikset's SmartKey® technology provides the flexibility to re-key your own lock in less than 30 seconds without removing the lock from the door. SmartKey® removes the hassle of lost or stolen keys with the ability to re-key your lock in just 3 simple steps.
- BumpGuard™: Lock bumping is an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin and tumbler locks. Kwikset's BumpGuard™ component utilizes a patented side locking bar which replaces the traditional pin and tumbler design providing protection against lock bumping.
||Easy Installation, Smart Key
||Electronic Lock Technology
|Finish||Satin Nickel||Interior / Exterior||Interior / Exterior|
|Number of Batteries Required
||ANSI Grade 3 (Good)|
||Smart Home Enabled
||Smart Home Protocol
|Total Number of Keys Included
||2||Wired or Wireless
||Lifetime Mechanical -Finish, 1 Year Electronics
||Nexia Gateway, Samsung SmartThings Hub, Staples Connect D-Link Hub, VeraEdge Hub, VeraSecure Hub, VersPlus Hub, Wink Hub|
||Vera, Ring, Alexa, SmartThings, Wink|
|5-Button keypad with one-touch locking or auto-locking capability for when you can't find your keys.
||Extend your smart home system to your door lock with Home Connect by customizing your home upon locking or unlocking your door lock, with everything set just the way you like it.
||Sleek, metal design and a tamper-resistant interior cover that replaces your existing deadbolt with just a screwdriver; no hard-wiring needed.|
|Before you start re-keying, you must have your functioning key, your new key, and the SmartKey Learn tool.||Insert the key that currently operates your lock, and rotates it 90 degrees clockwise.||A) Insert the SmartKey tool fully and firmly into the SmartKey hole.
B) Remove the SmartKey tool and the current key.
|A) Fully insert your new key into the lock and rotate it 180 degrees.
B) Rotate the new key 90 degrees back to the starting position, and remove it. Your lock is now re-keyed to your new key, and your old key will no longer operate the lock.
How Home Connect Works:
Home Connect technology works with your smart home system, enabling you to lock and unlock your deadbolt from your smartphone.
Smart Home System
The command sent by your phone is communicated to the Home Connect lock by a combination of your WiFi router and smart home system.
Kwikset's SmartCode 888 responds to your command. Confirmation of a successful lock or unlock is sent back to your smartphone.
Lock your door with a single touch. Optional automatic door locking after 30 seconds.
Notifications and Monitoring
View your lock status and receive notifications of your lock's activity.
Up to 30 programmable user codes to send to family, guests, and home professionals.
It provides an extended wireless range, over-the-air firmware updates, and superior wireless encryption.
Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver, no hard wiring needed.
Motorized deadbolt and BHMA Grade 3 certified.