Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
- Smart InterconnectTM interconnects up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating).
- Battery Backup (2-AA batteries included) provides protection during power outages.
- Front Loading Battery Door replace the backup batteries without disconnecting from mounting bracket
- Battery Lockout System the battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed.
- Alarm Tamper Resist helps deter from tampering and theft.
- Adjustable Mounting Bracket makes installation fast and easy. Works with existing smoke and combination smoke and CO mounting brackets.
- Peak Level Memory announces “CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” if alarm has detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher since it was last reset.
- HushTM Feature silences nuisance alarms for approximately 9 minutes. (Smoke must be present before HushTM is activated)
- Ionization Sensor Technology ideal for detecting fast flaming and other types of fires.
- Test Button Functions: tests the unit for proper operation
– Peak Level memory
– Resets the Carbon Monoxide alarm
- Green LED Illuminates to indicate the unit is receiving AC power. Flashes once every 60 seconds to indicate battery only mode. Flashes once per second during alarm to indicate initiating alarm. Flashes once every 16 seconds to indicate smoke or CO previously detected. Flashes every 2 seconds while the alarm is in HUSHTM mode.
- Red LED when a dangerous level of smoke or carbon monoxide is detected the red LED will flash. If the unit malfunctions, the red LED will flash and the unit will chirp every 30 seconds.
The red LED will flash and be accompanied by three long alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning message “FIRE!”. The alarm pattern will repeat until smoke is eliminated.
Four short alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” This continues until the unit is reset or the CO is eliminated.
One chirp followed by warning “LOW BATTERY.” The red LED light will flash. This pattern will continue every minute for at least seven days. Under battery power, the “LOW BATTERY” voice only occurs once every 15 minutes.
Voice Hush Indication:
“HUSH MODE ACTIVATED” and “HUSH MODE CANCELLED” voice announcement.
Peak Level Memory:
If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher when the Test/Reset button is pressed, the unit will announce “CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” to warn of the CO incident.
Part Number (Ordering Number): 900-0114 21006377