The Kidde KN-COSM-BA Combination Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Alarm provides two important safety devices in a single unit. This alarm includes a voice warning system that announces “Fire, Carbon Monoxide, Low Battery and Smart HushTM Activation.” The voice alarm eliminates any confusion and clearly warns you and your family of a smoke or carbon monoxide danger, or if your battery is in need of replacement. This technologically advanced combination alarm is battery operated protecting you and your family even during a power outage when many incidences occur.
The KN-COSM-BA is an easy to install alarm that is suitable for all living areas and has a 10-year life and a 10-year limited warranty. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
- Voice Alarm announces the hazard type detected thereby helping to speed up the correct reaction to the hazard detected. Alarm announces “Fire!” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “Warning Carbon Monoxide” when a CO hazard is detected.
- Combined Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm a single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and helps to keep home décor attractive.
- Test/Reset Button tests alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement.
- LEDs light flashing green for normal operation and flashing red for alarming condition.
- Low Battery Warning the unit warns of a low battery condition by announcing “low battery” and by initiating an alarm chirp and activating a flashing red LED.
- Battery Powered provides protection even during power outages when many fire and carbon monoxide incidents occur.
- Battery Safeguard the battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed.
- Hush® Feature temporarily silences nuisance alarms.
- Ionization Smoke Alarm Sensor