- Voice Alarm –Announces the hazard type detected thereby helping to speed up the correct reaction to the hazard detected. Alarm announces “Fire!” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “Warning Carbon Monoxide” when a CO hazard is detected.
- Combined Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm – A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and helps to keep home décor attractive.
- Test/Reset Button – Tests alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement.
- LEDs – Flashing green for normal operation and flashing red for alarm condition.
- Low Battery Warning – The unit warns of a low battery condition by announcing “low battery” and by initiating an alarm chirp and activating a flashing red LED.
- Battery Powered –Provides protection even during power outages when many fire and carbon monoxide incidents occur.
- Battery Safeguard – The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed.
- Hush® Feature – Temporarily silences nuisance alarms.
- Ionization Smoke Alarm Sensor
The Kidde KN-COSM-BA Combination Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Alarm provides two important safety devices in a single unit. This alarm includes a voice warning system that announces “Fire, Carbon Monoxide, Low Battery and Smart HushTM Activation.” The voice alarm eliminates any confusion and clearly warns you and your family of a smoke or carbon monoxide danger, or if your battery is in need of replacement. This technologically advanced combination alarm is battery operated protecting you and your family even during a power outage when many incidences occur.
The KN-COSM-BA is an easy to install alarm that is suitable for all living areas and has a 10-year life and a 10-year limited warranty. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
The red LED will flash and be accompanied by three long alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning message “FIRE!”. The alarm pattern will repeat until smoke is eliminated.Carbon Monoxide:
Four short alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” This continues until the unit is reset or the CO is eliminated.Low Battery:
If any form of battery failure is detected the red LED light will flash and the unit will “chirp” once every 60 seconds for at least 7 days. The “LOW BATTERY” voice occurs once every 15 minutes. The green LED will also be flashing twice per second.Voice Hush Indication:
“HUSH MODE ACTIVATED” and “HUSH MODE CANCELLED” voice announcement.Peak Level Memory:
If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher, the unit will announce “CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” to warn of the CO incident, when the Test/ Reset button is pressed.
900-0102-02 21006974 KN-COSM-B 21026043 408436
Same Day Shipping
All orders (of in-stock items) that are placed Monday through Friday before 2 PM EST will ship the same day.
Free Shipping - Standard Shipping
We offer free standard shipping on all products. No minimum required.
Express Shipping is available at an additional fee in the US (Except Hawaii and US territories) Orders (of in-stock items) placed before 12:00 pm EST, Monday-Friday will be processed and shipped the same day. Orders placed after 12:00 pm EST call in to ensure same day shipping. Your package will arrive the within 2-4 business day, from the date your package was shipped. Shipping rates may vary for products weighing more than 25 lb.
Overnight Shipping is available at an additional fee in the US (Except Hawaii and US territories) Orders (of in-stock items) placed before 12:00 pm EST, Monday-Friday will be processed and shipped the same day. Orders placed after 12:00 pm EST call in to ensure same day shipping. Your package will arrive the next business day, from the date your package was shipped. Shipping rates may vary for products weighing more than 25 lb.
30 day hassle free returns
If you are not completly satisfied with your purchase you may return it within 30 days of delivery.
Share this Product
More from this collection
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Should green light flash in normal mode
Yes, The green LED light flashes every 30 seconds to indicate the unit is operating properly and once every 2 seconds to indicate the unit is in HUSH® mode. The green light also flashes before a CO reading is taken and when any button is pressed.