The Cisco SPA525G2 5-Line IP Phone with Color Display (Figure 1) is an excellent choice for businesses that require an enhanced user experience with a hosted IP telephony service, an IP private branch exchange (PBX), or a large-scale IP Centrex deployment. Part of the Cisco Small Business Series, the SPA525G2 uses industry-leading SPA voice over IP (VoIP) technology from Cisco, with high-quality hardware providing additional connectivity via Bluetooth, PoE (802.3af), or a Wireless-G client (802.11g).
Standard Cisco SPA525G2 features include five active lines, VLAN-capable dual switched Ethernet ports, 802.3af PoE support, a 3.2-inch QVGA color display, a full-duplex, high-quality speakerphone, a Bluetooth interface, a Wireless-G (802.11g) client, a 2.5-mm stereo headset port, and a USB 2.0 host port. Each line can be configured independently to use a unique phone number (or extension) or can use a shared number that is assigned to multiple phones. The power supply for the SPA525G2 is sold separately. The optional SPA500S 32-button attendant console adds up to 64 buttons for receptionist positions.
The Cisco SPA525G2 IP Phone further improves the user experience with VPN and video surveillance applications. The Cisco SPA525G2 IP Phone can also be used with productivity-enhancing features such as VoiceView Express and Cisco XML applications when connected to the Cisco Unified Communication 500 Series in SPCP mode.
The Cisco SPA525G2 IP phone can easily grow with your business. New features can be added to the phone over time via firmware updates. New employees or employees who need to move to another location can simply plug in their preconfigured phones anywhere on the network, and the network will recognize the change. The phone also supports wireless network connectivity, providing unrestricted placement without the cost of running network cabling.
- 5-Line Business IP Phone with Enhanced Connectivity. Graphics-rich, high-resolution 3.2-inch QVGA 320 x 240 color screen.
- Enhanced network connectivity with Power over Ethernet (PoE), 802.11g Wi-Fi client with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), and Bluetooth headset support.
- VLAN-capable dual switched Ethernet ports, 2 port 10/100 ports for PC connectivity. Disabled when using in WiFi mode.
- Bluetooth enhanced integration with mobile phones to make and receive calls, import your personal contacts, and charge your mobile phone
- Support for both Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP)