The MGBSX1 module uses 850-nanometer wavelength light in multimode fiber optic cables and can achieve distances up to 220 or 550 meters. This easy-to-install Mini-GBIC (or SFP) module provides a simple way to add Gigabit functionality to your Linksys switch. Transceivers add fiber-optic or Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to any switch that contains a Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) slot, to connect switches and increase the effective range of the device. Now you can increase the functionality of your network with the addition of easy-to-use accessories. Cisco Small Business Network Accessories let you quickly improve the performance of the devices you're already using.
- Former Linksys Business Series
- Supports 1,000 Mbps connectivity
- Warranty - 3 years
- Additional fiber-optic connectivity to Cisco Small Business switches
- The ability to expand your switch's gigabit uplink using an SFP-mounting transceiver module
- Hot swappability to maintain network availability