The BRK hardwire carbon monoxide alarm detects dangerous CO gas and allows you peace of mind with its battery backup.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, deadly gas. It can be emitted by sources including gas or oil furnaces, gas clothes dryers, water heaters, fireplaces, wood stoves, charcoal grills, gas ranges, and space heaters. A clogged chimney, improper venting, and attached garages can also cause carbon monoxide accumulation. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), at least one CO alarm should be installed near a home's sleeping area. This BRK alarm is perfect for bedrooms, as well as hallways, and basements.
The BRK CO5120BN hardwire CO alarm with battery backup includes these features:
- Quick plug-in power connector for easy installation.
- 120-volt AC inter-connectable (with maximum 18 compatible devices). The alarm can be interconnected with up to 12 other compatible smoke alarms and six compatible devices like bells, horns, repeaters and door closers. If one unit triggers an alarm, all smoke alarms in the series will sound. Power indicators show which unit in the series initiated the alarm.
- Microprocessor controlled for fewer nuisance alarms.
- Single test/silence button which both silences a non-threatening alarm or low battery warning and allows you to test the unit's functionality.
- Automatically performs internal test of functionality.
- Latching alarm indicator which automatically identifies which unit initiated the alarm.
- Battery drawer lock and mounting bracket lock for tamper resistance.
- AC power indicator and alarm indicator light.
- Low battery warning "chirp" and missing battery tab.
- Swing open battery drawer for easy battery installation.
- 9-volt battery backup for peace of mind during power outages.