This chef's knife is pretty flat along the edge, but has a stronger curve near the tip. It's really well designed for slicing and for cutting things on the cutting board in an up-and-down way.
The Black Hawk Series 8.5-inch Kiritsuke Chef Knife, blending the Japanese Yanagida knife with a vegetable cleaver, brings you simple beauty and practical functionality. Featuring special-forged high-carbon German stainless steel with a precise vacuum heat-treatment and nitrogen cryogenic tempering, it ensures superb hardness, flexibility, and lasting performance.
Our experienced knife smiths hand sharpen the phenomenally sharp edge with the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method to be 14-16 degrees per side. Full-tang structure with triple rivets built-in balance each knife and ensure solid durability and superior resilience.
Every curve and angle of the handle is ergonomically designed for a comfortable and ambidextrous hold. The shape of the blade also brings you minimal slicing resistance. This kiritsuke chef knife works tirelessly beside you and brings you an effective cutting experience and most importantly, excitement back to cooking. Due to its versatility and efficiency, it is an alternative to a normal chef knife.
- Precision-forged, high-carbon German stainless steel at 56±2 HRC
- The edge is painstakingly sharpened to 8-12° per side to ensure you a razor-sharp blade
- Beautiful ‘Water-Flow’ pattern on the hand-polished satin finish blade
- Tapered design for hardness and flexibility
- Precisely tempered for added durability
- Military-grade G10 handle for life-long durability
- Highly impervious to heat, cold, and moisture
- Ergonomic handle shape for maximum comfort, grip, and maneuverability
- Full tang for incredible robustness and quality
- Triple-riveted for even more durability
- Intricate TUO Cutlery center rivet enhances the beauty