The BRK First Alert SL177 was replaced by #SLED177. The new model features the same specs but a slimmer design.
First Alert BRK Model SL177 is a state of the art Strobe Light designed to provide hearing impaired individuals with a visual warning of a fire or a carbon monoxide danger when used with smoke, heat or carbon monoxide alarms.
The Smart Strobe has separate flash patterns to distinguish between smoke/heat and carbon monoxide dangers. These different patterns are to help a deaf or hard of hearing person better distinguish the danger present. The 177 candela Xenon strobe meets UL1971 requirements and flashes at a rate of an average of 60 times a minute. The SL177 operates on 120V AC and features a green LED that signals the unit is receiving power.
Interconnectable with up to 18 devices, of which 12 can be smoke alarms, Model SL177 was designed with quick and easy installation in mind. Designed to cover most drywall cut-outs, the specially designed mounting bracket mounts on any electrical box up to 4” octagonal and does not require screw removal. Connection to AC power is made with a “Quick-Connect” wiring harness. Includes strobe light, mounting bracket, quick connect wires and instruction manual.
- Smart strobe flash patterns help alert hearing impaired individuals to danger from smoke and carbon monoxide
- Must be used in combination with 120V AC smoke, heat or carbon monoxide alarms (sold separately)
- Powerful 177 candela xenon strobe light provides an effective visual warning
- Separate "smart" flash patterns distinguish between smoke and carbon monoxide
- Backed by a 10 Year Limited Warranty and meets Underwriters Laboratories (UL) UL 1971 safety standard