The Leica DISTO D2 is a 7 measurement mode laser distance meter. A fully-featured LDM that's designed for multiple purposes, the D2 is easy to operate and builds on the D1 with more functions, higher accuracy at 1.5mm (rounds to 1/32"), and greater range at 100m (330').
The D2 offers multiple modes of measurement that are useful for many different kinds of projects: distance, min/max, permanent, stake-out, add/subtract, area, and volume, and it includes painter and Pythagoras functions. An intelligent endpiece enables you to measure accurately from outside or inside corners, including diagonal measurements. The D2 calculates area and volume, and remembers the last 10 measurements taken. And a back-lit LCD screen makes it easy to read while you're on the job.
The D2 measures from its base by default and can be configured to measure from the front. You can also flip out the intelligent end-piece to 90º to hook onto outside corners or extend the end-piece fully for inside corners, and it will automatically measure from the end-piece when extended. Combined with the Min/Max function, the end-piece allows you to get the tool all the way into corners for accurate diagonal measurements.
While the D2 only weighs 3 ounces (100g) and can easily fit in a toolbox or your pocket, it has a simple-to-use interface and powerful circuitry in a compact casing with IP 54 rating, protecting it from dust and splashes of water. The interface is perfect for casual, as-needed work at home, but you can rely on the D2's accuracy—the intelligent end-piece connects directly to the circuit board.
- Measuring range up to 330 ft.
- Measuring accuracy to 1/16 in.
- Flip out the intelligent endpiece to 90° to hook onto outside corners or extend the endpiece fully for inside corners.
- Calculates area and volume, and remembers the last 10 measurements taken
- Pythagoras function for indirect height or width when estimating or looking for rough measurements
- Use the Add/Subtract capability to combine measurements to get a precise reading of the total wall area of a room
- 3 years when registered through Leica My World