The Kidde i4618 is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
The front-loading battery door allows the user to change the battery without removing the alarm from the mounting bracket making battery replacement easy and convenient. This unit is a UL Listed product with a 5-year limited warranty. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help ensure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
- Front battery pull tab allows battery activation without removing alarm from mounting bracket.
- The large mounting base makes mounting easier, protects surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections.
- Pre-stripped wiring harness with easy off cap does not require stripper tool. Tinned strands increase conductivity and wire nut grip.
- Large centrally located Test/Hush® alarm control button.
- Dust cover protects the sensor from contaminates during construction reducing nuisance alarms.
- Easy access front loading battery door.
- Battery backup provides protection in case of power failure.
- Interconnectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms. See user’s guide for complete instructions.