The Kidde C3010 is a 10-year, sealed battery, carbon monoxide alarm that uses electrochemical sensing technology to protect you and family from the dangers of carbon monoxide. The C3010 alarm will automatically activate when attached to the mounting bracket. At the end of alarm life, the unit will chirp, indicating the alarm is in need of replacement. A screwdriver can be used to deactivate the unit, stopping the end-of-life chirp and making it safe for disposal. The inside cover of the mounting bracket features a quick reference guide for what to do in case of an alarm. The C3010 is easy to install and is suitable for all living areas. Ten-year life and limited warranty.
Long-Life Sealed Lithium Battery:
Why It’s Needed: Each year, fire departments respond to an average of 72,000 CO poisoning incidents, according to the National Fire Protection Association. Known as the ‘silent killer,’ carbon monoxide is odorless, tasteless and invisible. The only safe way to detect it is with a working CO alarm. Industry surveys find approximately half of U.S. homes have a carbon monoxide alarm installed, most of those are battery-operated. A recent survey conducted on behalf of Kidde, found homeowners’ number one fire safety complaint is a low battery chirp.Worry-Free Benefits:
The C3010 carbon monoxide detection unit provides one decade of protection; the sealed lithium battery provides 10 years of continuous power. It is also both maintenance-free and hassle-free; never replace a battery during the alarm’s operating life and no need to worry about the batteries being removed. Additionally, this Worry-Free unit is the longest sensor life available and is proven effective for ten years with quick and easy installation by simply sliding the alarm onto the mounted bracket which activates it automatically.Specifications:
- UL Listed – tested by an independent nonprofit testing agency to ensure it meets the US standard
- 85 decibel alarm – loud enough to wake the average sleeping adult
- Nighthawk electro-chemical sensor, which is proven to be the world’s most accurate based on claims by major manufacturers
- Test-Reset Button tests the alarm circuitry and horn, resets memory after alarm has sounded
- End-of-life signal chirps every 30-45 seconds when alarm needs to be replaced – approximately 10 years after power
- Deactivation switch disables the alarm and makes the batteries safe for disposal once the unit has reached the end of its 10-year life
- Tamper resistant feature prohibits a disabled alarm from being placed back onto the mounting bracket
- 10-Year Limited Warranty lasts the life of the alarm
Don't know what type of carbon monoxide alarm is right for your home? Check out our guide on how to choose the right smoke detector for your home.