The LifeStraw replacement filter is designed specifically as a replacement filter for the LifeStraw Go Bottle 2-Stage. This replacement filter is also compatible with the older 1-Stage Go Bottle model.
When the filter has reached capacity (1,000 liters / 264 gallons) it will stop taking in water. Simply detach the old filter from the LifeStraw Go Bottle and insert a replacement filter in its place. In addition to the award-winning LifeStraw hollow fiber membrane filter, the updated, 2-Stage filter includes an activated carbon capsule in the same housing. The carbon capsule effectively reduces odor, bad taste, and chlorine for up to 100 liters (26 gallons). Additional carbon capsule replacements are available separately. LifeStraw filters have been rigorously tested to surpass EPA standards for removing E. Coli, Giardia and Cryptosporidium oocysts, and many other waterborne contaminants.
The replacement filter is only intended to be used in conjunction with the LifeStraw Go Bottle and is not designed for use outside the bottle.
- Houses both the LifeStraw hollow fiber membrane filter and replaceable carbon capsule
- LifeStraw hollow fiber membrane filters up to 1,000 liters (264 gallons) down to 0.2 microns
- 2nd stage activated carbon filter reduces odor, chlorine and leaves zero aftertaste
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne bacteria (> LOG 6 reduction) and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Carbon capsule effectively reduces chlorine, odor and bad taste for 100 liters (26 gallons)
Added Bonus: A portion of the proceeds from LifeStraw sales go towards providing clean drinking water in areas of the world with those in need.