The 8301 is a PoE IP Paging Adapter for integrating existing and traditional paging solutions into a VoIP environment, whether premise or hosted. Features include G.722 wideband support with an isolated and balanced line output for optimum clarity and intelligibility without hum or noise.
On the network end, the 8301 is a SIP endpoint for easy integration with an IP telephone system and easily configured using the intuitive web interface or provisioning capabilities. On the paging side, the 8301 provides balanced audio output using both an XLR connector and terminal block for easy connection to an amplifier, along with a dry contact closure if required by the amplifier. Further speech enhancement is provided by automatic level control, choice of frequency masks, and optional speech compression.
Output level is compatible with consumer, commercial, and pro-audio amplifiers requiring either -10 dBm, 0 dBm, or +4 dBu line level. An audio input (also balanced and isolated to prevent equipment ground loops) can be used for auxiliary input or insertion of the 8301 between existing equipment. This allows IP based paging or emergency notification to take control of the amplifier as necessary.
The multicast capability allows scalability for multiple amplifiers as well as integration with Algo IP speakers and/or strobes in zoned and large-scale applications (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8186, 8188, 8301, 8373).
SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors including Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, Polycom, and most others. A basic understanding of computer networking and Voice over IP experience is required to install this product.
- Easy and intuitive web interface to configure scheduled announcements, tones, bells, music, etc.
- Superb audio clarity and intelligibility - no hum or noise
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint; supports PoE
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA ~ Multicasting capability to include Algo IP speakers and strobes
- Synchronization of scheduler and IP clocks using NTP server
- IP Paging Adapter for traditional analog amplifiers.